In part two of our series on STEM education in skincare, we look at another batch of all natural ingredients from the Zandra beauty lab and discuss their benefits for teen skin.
We now know that the science of combining science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) to create natural beauty products that nourish and heal the skin is the best and most nutrient rich way to effectively treat skin for the long-term without using harmful chemicals. In PART TWO we take a look at the different types and effectiveness of Body Oils.
Why Body Oils?
Body oils have many benefits for the skin. Surprisingly both dry skin and acne prone skin types may find nutrients in oils that help to heal, reduce inflammation, and fade discolorations. Natural oils are full of antioxidants and anti-bacterial elements that help to detoxify skin without clogging the skin. And they don’t contain the nasty chemicals in commercially produced moisturizers, which means you can create a healthy skin care routine that will not aggravate or irritate your skin.
Zandra’s Core Ingredients – Our Body Oils
The Zandra lab team carefully selects its oils for their effective skin-clearing properties and their ability to moisturize even the driest skin types. By combining oils with other ingredients, the team creates formulas that are made specifically for your skin type.
- Olive oil – contains vitamin E and anti-inflammatory properties, which helps to fade away acne scars, brightens the skin and helps to prevent future breakouts. It is also perfect for moisturizing sensitive skin!
- Sunflower oil- loaded with essential fatty acids, including omega-6, which are known to eliminate skin infections, alleviate dryness and renew skin for a natural healthy glow.
- Rice bran oil- The many vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants in rice bran oil is great for your skin and hair. Like above, vitamin E and natural fatty acids feature in this oil which makes it great for hydration and smoothing your skin. Plus, it is easily absorbed into the skin and hair and helps to normalize the oiliness in the scalp, strengthens the hair shaft.
- Castor oil – Much like olive oil, castor oil is another great cleansing and a moisturizing agent for acne prone skin.
- Jojoba oil – makes a great scalp cleanser for the hair, and is equally wonderful for the skin
because it has absorption properties that are similar to our skins own sebum.
- Avocado oil – for healthy smooth looking skin avocado oil is a great option and chosen by many eczema suffers.
Today, body oils are all natural and easily accessible. These simple, clean and nourishing oils are used across the complete Zandra product line.
Natural product making is very important to the creativity of Zandra products. There is so much more to learn about how our products are made. Join us at a Zandra Beauty Workshop Today and explore how we use science, technology, engineering, and math to make the best natural products for your skin.
Click HERE to read the first part in our blog series on STEM skincare.
Click here to view our products.